November 22nd, 2009 (12:37 am)
current mood: loved
Grabbed from crssafox
1) When was your wedding day?
April 26, 2003
2) What day of the week was it?
3) Did you get married in a church?
No, we got married at the German American Club in Jacksonville.
4) How many in your wedding party?
Uh, 3? Best man, MoH, my sister.
5) How many guests were invited to your wedding?
... Dang I've forgotten. 50ish?
6) How long where you together before the engagement?
As a couple? May 2000. I'll let you do the math. We met probably in 1984. Online, of course. Before the Intarwebs. Ahhhh, the Commodore 64 BBS scene...
7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal?
Let's see, you have the date above. I proposed on his birthday, March 18, 2001. Again, you can do the math.
8) Did you register for gifts? If yes, where?
Yes. Um, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, and a last-minute registration at Sears. 4-6 months before the wedding, my old microwave died a rather spectacular death, so we said maybe some folks will get together and get us a microwave, so we went and put one on Sears.com. 2 months later, a box arrived at the apartment - ONE person floored us with the microwave. (And later said that navigating the Sears.com site was a nightmare. Just warning you.)
9) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer?
yappyfox brought his video camera and rasvar handled the operation.
10) Did you have a DJ or a band?
Poink T. Ferret's alter-ego did the honors for us. The folks who came down from Orlando to do A/V for us were very much appreciated.
11) What was your First dance to?
... Dang I think I forget... I'd have to go look at the list.
12) Did your father walk you down the aisle?
BOTH my parents did, thank you very much. Since they both were involved in raising me. :)
13) What color were the bridesmaids' dresses and groomsmen's vests?
I don't think the guys had anything special. The girls had the order to get something in a cream or off-white with purple flowers (so they could wear them on other occasions) and darn if they didn't come close enough to matching.
14) Did you have a bridal shower?
Yes, and it was great fun. We made sock puppets!
15) What type of limo did you get?
A 198-something white Ford Escort.
16) What were your flowers?
Silk flowers I'd gotten at Michael's. Still have 'em.
17) What flavor was your cake?
... Dang if I haven't remembered that either. And my sister would kill me because she made it. I remember it was really, really good...
19) What type of wedding gown?
White coctail dress from Cato. $50.
20) what was the weather like that day?
It was lovely, with a brief sunshower right after we'd come in from taking the picture outside.
21) did you have an open bar?
No, but due to a communication error, we did get some free bubbly.
22) Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
23) What was your favorite thing about your wedding day?
24) Did anything go wrong?
I really don't recall anymore.
25) How long have you been married?